The first Village Savings and Loan Association-VSLA group was formed in Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna state in 2016, with an expansion of additional 5 VSLA in 2017 and scaled up into other Communities..
- Established FAROF FOOD BANK PROJECT 2017
- In 2016 300 women from poor households have been empowered with various vocational skills and start-up kits to improve their standard of living thereby enabling them to send their girl child to school.
- In 2017 Trained 450 vulnerable women on vocational skills, which are cosmetology, tailoring, bid making, fish farming and shoe and bag production.
- 450 vulnerable women trained on financial literacy in Kaduna state
- Equipped 150 women with startup kits in Kaduna state
- Expanded 75 women petty trade after need assessment by providing them with materials in Kaduna state
- Established a saving scheme for 200 vulnerable women in Kaduna state
- Establish a cooperative group comprising of 300 women membership in Kaduna state
Vocational training for 50 Vulnerable women
FAROF conducted a 2-6 months vocational training exercise through apprenticeship for 50 women in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The aim of the training was to build HIV infected/affected young women on skills to improve their economic status in the society.Other impacts includes:
- Child protection committee
- 5 Village Savings and Loan Association-VSLA committee
- Sexual Reproductive health and Rights-SRHR Committee
- Women right committee
- girl’s forum committee