FAMILY PLANNING FOR ADOLESCENT
REACHING ADOLESCENT GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN WITH SEXUAL MESSAGE & FAMILY PLANING TECHNIQUE
GENDER BASE PROJECT
Some of Our key Achievement for GBV in Igabi Local Government Area, Kaduna state.Nigeria
- 30 GBV victims where referred through escort team to health facilities for check-up.
- 230 people (Community Members) were reached with sexual Gender Base Violence SGBV related information through sensitization
- 113 victims of adolescent girls were guided and counselled
- Added five (5) newly trained counsellors in the health facility on GBV Counselling Skills.
- 500 families/Care givers sensitized on children rights
- 20 families from victims of GBV were empowered on enterprise Development.
- Reduced cases of sexual gender based violence among individuals in the community
- A community enriched with knowledge of human rights and exercise sanity in ensuring that everyone is given a chance to enjoy human rights.
- Trained 15 married adolescent girls to educate others as “Mentor Mothers” on family planning.
- Established 1 youth friendly centre for adolescent girls to freely access condoms
- Trained 20 peer educators to sensitize others through Me-to-you method on sexual and reproductive health.
- Established two health clubs in two schools to teach the young ones on sexual education.
- FAROF has built strong partnership with the Kaduna State Aids Control Agency, Nigeria, for easy access and reliable supply of condoms.
- FAROF has provided educational materials to encourage enrolment and retention for the girl child to prevent early marriage.