Professional Experience Vacancies
Click Here to download Our policy
FREEHEARTS AFRICA REACH OUT FOUNDATION (FAROF) under the Support of TY Danjuma Foundation and the US Embassy, Abuja.
OPEN POSITION: Ongoing…
- Senior Project Associate
- Finance Officer
Application Deadline: Ongoing...
Reference Number: KAD/FO/2020/012
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for.
- Manage bank accounts, and the transfer of money between head-office, and field offices.
- Authorise payroll, and other payments.
- Prepare the monthly financial accounting reports and projects retirements at the end of each month, and submit them to head office
- Prepare monthly management reports at the end of each month.
- preparation of budgets and accounts to donors, as requested.
- Provide any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries.
- Assist any audit undertaken.
- Provide support to field finance staff, and work closely with them to ensure that financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Continue to develop improvements in the finance system, as necessary.
- Minimum qualification of Higher National Diploma (HND) with Accounting Discipline ONLY are to apply and most reside within Kaduna state or Kaduna south/Chikun LGA preferably, and most have good Accounting and Computer/Microsoft office skills.
- Minimum of 4years working Experience in an NGO Setting
Senior Project Associate
Reference Number: KAD/FO/2020/024
- Job Type; one year Contract
Years of Experience: Minimum of 4years
Program / Department Summary
- This is a one year formal and non-formal Vocational Education Training (VET) Project, for marginalized women specifically.
General Position Summary
- The program officer is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of program activities in her/his respective area.
- S/he will ensure that the project community-level engagement approach is systematic, replicable, and adheres to participatory process to involve, empower, and engage citizens and key stakeholders as champions and sustainable way that seamlessly builds on previous programs and consortium partner strengths.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Expand local partner networks, and build wider public support
- Act as a liaison and facilitator between FAROF target communities and relevant authorities, building community representatives’ capacity to engage in effective dialogue.
- Strengthen local level networking and coordination with relevant local structures, CSOs, INGOs, media and Government Departments involved in VET interventions, including relationship building with religious leaders of diverse faiths
- Work with Marginalised women structures and leaders at community, LGA, and the state levels, to strengthen pre-existing structures
- Actively engage in the community planning and development process, developing and guiding a tailored mobilization for VET program at the community that ensures participation, transparency and accountability.
- Oversee and consolidate regular weekly reporting functions, and ensure data is fed into the FAROF database accurately and rapidly.
- In collaboration with Stakeholders, lead the conducting of a Do No Harm analysis at program start and annually to identify conflict sensitivity risks and mitigation strategies,
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with field-based program team to assess contextual changes and adapt strategies to evolving dynamics,
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders to gauge perceptions, tensions, and potential triggers.
- Organize dialogues, events, and local media coverage that is balanced, forward-looking, and solutions-oriented.
- Foster linkages to local government, civil society coalitions, and businesses.
- Participate in weekly program meeting with the Program Manager, contributing feedback from the area of operation and teams under supervision.
- Develop relationships, formal and informal, with local NGO’s and CBO’s.
- Identify and recommend areas for specific training and capacity-building, both for staff and target communities.
- Ensure all interventions adhere to FAROF’ Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and beneficiary accountability standards.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to FAROF and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
How To Apply
SALARY: based on Donor and FAROF Management approved salaried payment
Qualified Candidates are to submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Ongoing…
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line
- If you did not follow the above instruction, your application shall not be reviewed,
- also note that your duties may require 40% traveling to other states if need be.