Formation of Community Based Savings Group
The first Village Savings and Loan Association-VSLA group was formed in Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna state in 2016, with an expansion of additional 5 VSLA in 2017 and scaled up into other Communities..
Financial Literacy Training for Underserved Community members (Vulnerable women victims)
30 women victims affected/infected with the case of gender base violence were enrolled for enterprise development training and equipped with Financial literacy skills.
Expansion of petty trade for young Adolescent mothers
A need assessment was conducted for 25 adolescent mothers and young women, 15 adolescent mothers were eligible and were provided with materials that will aid the promotion of their business, a monitoring team(Trained volunteers) within the community were attached to them
In an attempt to liberate most vulnerable and marginalized women across Nigeria, FAROF Continues Mapping of Vulnerable communities across Nigeria, using Kaduna state as a pilot Location
Distribution Of Empowerment Startup Kits/ Materials
100 Beneficiaries who were enrolled into the 6 months program on tailoring, shoe and bag, Hairdressing and computer were graduated and empowered with startup materials at the following communities: Anguwan Romi, Trikania Kujama, Jaji, Rigasa, Albarkawa, Kofar Galadinma Communities of Chikun, Igabi and Zaria LGAs respectively. Items distributed to them were, dryers, Sewing machines, Knitting Machine, Computers, Printers, Photocopying machines, and shoe smoothing machines amongst others. Beneficiaries were further paired with Trainers for continuous mentorship while learning on the job and tagged as an EMWEVET Alumni.
Beneficiaries Empowerment Kits
Empowerment Materials for VET Graduants of the 6months Fashion Design
Sewing machines and Shoe and Bag Smoothing Machine donated to beneficiaries at Kofar galadinma Zaria LGA
Financial Literacy and Business Management Training of Marginalized adolescent girls and young women
Established Women Cooperative Group Meeting In Kaduna State, Nigeria
Empowerment Project Impacts
- Provided educational materials (uniforms, writing materials, shoes etc) for 200 girls from vulnerable households.
- FAROF has established girl’s forum committee which have counseled over 500 girls in and out of school to be enrolled and retained in school.
- FAROF has provided block grants for the renovation of class blackboards, sanitary systems etc of 5 schools in Birnin-gwari community, Kaduna state.
- 300 women from poor households have been empowered with various vocational skills and start-up kits to improve their standard of living thereby enabling them to send their girl child to school.
Enrolment of Vulnerable women into the program
Vocational training for 50 Vulnerable women
FAROF conducted a 2-6 months vocational training exercise through apprenticeship for 50 women in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The aim of the training was to build HIV infected/affected young women on skills to improve their economic status in the society.Other impacts includes:
- Child protection committee
- 5 Village Savings and Loan Association-VSLA committee
- Sexual Reproductive health and Rights-SRHR Committee
- Women right committee
- Girl’s forum committee